Penn State Summer Session for International Students is open to international undergraduate students who require visa sponsorship. Non-degree applicants who seek a student visa must be enrolled in our program full-time and may attend in summer only. Most courses carry 3 credits hours. Full-time enrollment is 6 credit hours (usually 2 courses) per 6-week session for undergraduate students.
Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an e-mail informing you of the decision. You will also be notified automatically by the Directorate of International Student & Scholar (DISSA) via email and be asked to complete the “Summer Session International Student Form.” You will be asked to supply information on any of the following on the form:
- Financial Guarantee (Bank documents, scholarship letters, etc.)
- Letter of support from Guarantor
- Current Immigration documentation
- Immigration documentation for dependents (spouse and children)
- Contact information for current US Institution, if student is coming from a US HS or other US University
- Confirmation of understanding: Insurance is MANDATORY for all international students and their accompanying dependents, I understand that the “Penn State Summer Session for International Students” is a 6 week program.
You will automatically complete an Express Shipping request as part of the DISSA Summer Session International Student Form and enter an Order Number prior to submitting the form to DISSA.
When DISSA issues a Certification of Visa Eligibility (I-20/DS-2019) you will be notified by email, and the document will be shipped according to the express shipping request you have set up.
All students must report to DISSA for Document Check-in.
For more international visa information contact the Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising, University Office of Global Programs. Telephone: (814) 865-6348, option 1