Leap registration opens on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. and closes on Monday, May 1, 2017.
Steps to register for LEAP:
Step 1: Accept your offer of admission to Penn State and pay your deposit
– If you’ve been admitted for Fall 2017, you must contact Admissions to have your semester of enrollment changed to Summer by May 1, 2017.
It’s a good idea to become familiar with LionPATH. For an overview of how LionPATH works go to:
Step 2: Complete your Pre-Registration Activity Guide in LionPATH
– Before you can register for LEAP, you will need to complete your Pre-Registration Activity Guide. If you have already accepted your offer of admission, the guide will become available in your LionPATH student center under “to-do list” on the right hand side beginning on February 15th. If you accept your offer of admission after February 15th, you will find the Pre-Registration Activity Guide in your “to-do list” in your LionPATH Student Center within 48 hours of accepting your offer.
For an overview of how to complete your Pre-Registration Activity Guide go to:
Step 3: Review the LEAP Prides that are being offered.
– It’s a good idea to select one or two back-up Prides in case your first choice is full! Some Prides will fill within the first 24 hours.
The list of LEAP Prides can be found at:
Step 4: Note the four-digit class number next to the two courses that make up your Pride.
– You must schedule the two courses that are listed together because the course participants and course content are linked.
The four-digit class numbers can be found in the description of each LEAP Pride at:
Step 5: Beginning on February 21st at 5:30 p.m. – Go to LionPATH to enroll in the two linked courses that make up your Pride.
To enroll in the courses you will do the following:
– Go to http://launch.lionpath.psu.edu and click on the Undergraduate Students tab at the top of the page
– Click “Login to LionPATH Student Center”
– Login using your Penn State access account (your access account is assigned when you accept your offer of admission)
– Select “Enroll” – it’s listed near the top of the page under academics
– Enter the four-digit class number next to the first course that makes up your Pride and click “enter” then “next”
* If the class is full, you will need to select another Pride to enroll in.
– Enter the four-digit class number next to the second course that makes up your pride and click “enter” then “next”
– Click “Proceed to Step 2 of 3”
– Confirm the courses listed are the ones that correspond to your LEAP Pride
– Click “Finish Enrolling”
For a tutorial on how to add a class in LionPATH go to:
To see your class schedule, you can click on the “My Class Schedule” tab at the top of the page
Leap registration closes on May 1st, 2017. If you have missed this deadline and are still interested
in enrolling in leap, please contact the Office For Summer Session. If space allows and you are
admitted for summer, you may be able to enroll in the LEAP program.
If you encounter difficulties, please call the Office of Summer Session at 814-863-4174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be able to assist you with the registration process.