One of Penn State’s unique features is the option that students have to study at more than one campus in Penn State’s multi-campus system. While some students choose to remain at one campus for all four years, others spend their first two years at one campus and transition to another for their remaining two years.
The STEP (Student Transitional Experiences Program) is designed to help students making the junior-year transition to University Park from another Penn State campus to ensure that they are able to maintain satisfactory academic progress as well as initiating their social transition to University Park.
- Receive the Provost’s new $1,500 STEP award. (Students must be enrolled in at least one of the STEP courses and the non-credit seminar to qualify for the award).
- Take six credits (two courses), one of which must be in the student’s major and another that will enhance progress towards graduation
- Possible on-campus employment
- Non-credit courses designed to learn more about research and exploring internships and job opportunities
- Participate in campus activities that support students’ experience
- Become knowledgeable about on-campus student services
- Join a mentoring program
- Become well acquainted with other students making the same transition
- Accelerate your time to degree