Students who are making the junior year transition to University Park after starting at another Penn State campus can take advantage of the Student Transitional Experiences Program (STEP)—a summer transition program for change-of-campus students. STEP students enroll in two summer courses at University Park during Summer Session II, and one of these courses can be online.
Through coursework, mentoring, and a 6-week workshop series, students become familiar with University Park people, opportunities, and resources. Benefits of the program include:
- Receiving a $1,500 STEP Award applied toward summer tuition
- Staying on track toward graduation requirements
- Connecting with opportunities for engagement at University Park, like undergraduate research, student employment, and student organizations
- Connecting with faculty and staff at University Park, as well as alumni and employers
- Attending events organized by STEP Mentors throughout the summer session and connecting with other change-of-campus students