Students who are making the junior year transition to University Park after starting at another Penn State campus can take advantage of the Student Transitional Experiences Program (STEP)—a summer transition program for change-of-campus students. STEP students enroll in two summer courses at University Park during Summer Session II, and one of these courses can be online.
Through coursework, mentoring, and a 6-week workshop series, students become familiar with University Park people, opportunities, and resources. Benefits of the program include:
- Receive STEP Award of at least $1,500 applied toward summer tuition*
- Stay on track toward graduation requirements
- Connect with opportunities for engagement at University Park, like undergraduate research, student employment, and student organizations
- Connect with faculty and staff at University Park, as well as alumni and employers
- Attend events organized by STEP Mentors throughout the summer session and connecting with other change-of-campus students
- Receive assistance to identify and secure on-campus employment.
* Students from the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences may be eligible for an award greater than $1,500.