Students who are making the junior year transition to University Park after starting at another Penn State campus can take advantage of the Student Transitional Experiences Program (STEP)—a summer transition program for change-of-campus students. STEP students enroll in at least one summer course at any Penn State campus.* Students must also attend the weekly STEP workshop, via zoom, which occurs during Summer Session II to receive the STEP award. To participate, you must apply for the program and enroll in your summer course by April 19, 2024. Applicants will be selected based on academic and financial need as well as availability of scholarship funds.
Through coursework and a 6-week workshop series, students become familiar with University Park people, opportunities, and resources. Benefits of the program include:
- Receive STEP Award of at least $1,500 applied toward summer tuition**
- Stay on track toward graduation requirements
- Connect with opportunities for engagement at University Park such as undergraduate research, student employment, and student organizations
- Connect with faculty and staff at University Park
* Students from the Smeal College of Business must enroll in BA 342 during Summer Session II as one of their courses.
** Students may be eligible for an award greater than $1,500 based upon the availability of scholarship funds.