LEAP registration opens on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Students accepted for fall start must contact Admissions to change their semester of enrollment to summer by May 3, 2019 to participate in LEAP.
Please note: The LEAP Registration process cannot be fully completed in one day as each of the steps below take time to update in the LionPATH system. To be ready to register for LEAP on the first day of registration (March 5), you should plan to start these steps no later than March 1. The LEAP registration process will take 2-3 business days to complete.
STEP 1: Accept your offer of Admission and Review the list of LEAP Prides
- Accept your offer of Admission to Penn State and pay your deposit.
- Review the list of LEAP prides and make note of the prides that interest you.
Keep in mind that some prides will fill very quickly and there may not be space in the pride that is your top choice. You should have a few back-up choices just in case your top choice is full.
STEP 2: Complete the ALEKS Math Assessment
ALEKS is an important first step in your Penn State academic career. ALEKS is required of all Penn State students before they can enroll in courses.
- Visit orientation.psu.edu/testing to learn more about and access ALEKS. Please take this assessment seriously as the results are used to determine your readiness in math and chemistry.
Please note: ALEKS will not be available to you until March 1 or about 24 hours after you accept your offer of admission to Penn State.
STEP 3: Indicate your Intention to Participate in LEAP
You will be able to indicate your intention to enroll in LEAP starting on March 4, 2019 or the next business day following your completion of ALEKS.
- One business day after completing ALEKS, you will receive an email inviting you to begin the New Student Orientation process.
- Click on the link in the email.
- Log in with your Penn State access account.
- Indicate your interest in LEAP by selecting “yes” to the question about LEAP. Click “Save and Continue.”
Please Note: You will be able to make a reservation for New Student Orientation beginning in April. You will need to return to the New Student Orientation site to finalize your reservation. Watch your email for more information.
STEP 4: Enroll in your LEAP Courses
If you have completed all steps above by March 4, 2019, the Pre-Registration Activity Guide will be available in your LionPATH Account starting at 6:00 p.m. on March 5, 2019 allowing you to register on the first day of LEAP Registration. After March 5, 2019, the Pre-Registration Activity Guide will be available to you on the business day after you indicate your interest in LEAP.
- Log in to your LionPATH Student Center by going to lionpathsupport.psu.edu
- Click on the “to do list” at the top of the page. Select and complete the Pre-Registration Activity Guide (this should take just a few minutes to complete).
Please note: If you try to enroll in your courses before you complete the Pre-Registration Activity Guide, you will get an error that says you have a hold on your account. Completing the guide will remove this hold.
- Click on the Academics tab of your LionPATH Student Center and select “Enrollment Shopping Cart” located on the right side of the page under “Quick Links.”
- Enter the four-digit class number for your first class in the box in the middle of the page. Click “next” then “enter”
- Enter the four-digit class number for your second class in the box in the middle of the page. Click “next” then “enter”
- Click “proceed to step 2 of 3” and confirm the courses listed are the two courses that correspond with your LEAP pride
- Click “Finish Enrolling”
STEP 5: Confirm your Enrollment in the LEAP Program
- Return to your LionPATH student center by clicking on the “home” tab in the right part of the page.
- Confirm that the two courses your registered for are listed under “My Class Schedule.”
If you encounter difficulties, please contact the LEAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-863-4174.